Filigree jewelry is a delicate type, complex and elegant ornamentation which are usually made of gold, silver or other precious metal. It is formed with twisting and bending the wire to create detailed drawings. Bracelets, necklaces, rings and filigree earrings are often adorned with precious stones finely polished, adding more gently. Do filigree jewelry is time consuming and challenging.
How to make filigree jewelry
- Mold several pieces of wire arcs, using the pliers to bend it and twist it. You can be creative in shaping the arches, making them the size you prefer.
- Cut the gold and silver into thin slivers.
- Place the arches to be welded together in the ceramic welding.
- Mix a tablespoon of borax with a few drops of water to form slurry.
- Dip a brush in borax solution and use it to apply it in the joints of the arches to be soldiers.
- Use tongs to pick up the chips that will be welded and place them on top of the borax solution in the wire arches.
- Connect the torch and start to heat up the pieces, carefully keeping a distance so they do not fly wire.
- Approach the flame welding as the borax start to fade. It will heat up and fall before flowing on any metal that is playing, making the metal melt. See some pictures of filigree jewelry for inspiration.